Monday 9 April 2012

"Let's Get Started"

Let me start by saying that I'm new to blogging so this could be a painful learning curve. My thought about this blog is that maybe it's an opportunity to say a bit more than is possible on Facebook. So a bit about myself. I am a 40 something mother of two children, I have a husband, a dog and two cats. I run my own business called The Old Station Teahouse. We specialize in homestyle baking - including delicious scones and homemade jams. In 1994 we purchased a disused railway station, moved it to our property and set it up as The Teahouse. The building is now set amongst lush tropical gardens and is host to visitors from all over Australia and beyond. The station was built in 1904 and for many years was an integral part of life in the community. The station fell into disuse in the early 1990's and was put up for tender in 1994. My husband and I fell in love with the building as soon as we saw it and grabbed the opportunity to buy it. Marian Station is now an integral part of our daily life and continues to have a valuable function instead of going to ruin as many old buildings do.


No comments:

Post a Comment